Dr. Patricia J. Wales BSc ND
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Patricia Wales ND focuses her naturopathic practice on women’s health and general family care. For her clients ranging from infants to the golden year, she emphasizes stress-proofing, optimum nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
Individual treatment and prevention programs address concerns such as
- “I just don’t feel well” – assessment of underlying barriers to health and how to remove them.
- Digestive disorders such as burping & flatulence, pain & discomfort, GERD, IBS, IBD (Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis)
- Allergies & food sensitivities, asthma, eczema
- Women’s health issues including breast conditions, pre-menstrual syndrome, period irregularities, endometriosis, menopause, fertility, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts
- Family health challenges – preventing colds & flus, optimizing nutrition for the whole family
- Children’s health from infants to teens – enhancing the immune response to colds & flus, asthma, eczema, ADD/HD, increasing school performance
- Chronic conditions including high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis/osteopenia, and arthritis.
Dr. Wales uses hair mineral analysis plus standard and specialized lab tests as indicated to select and monitor individual treatment programs. She has also taught these methods to naturopathic doctors and other health professionals across Canada. Dr. Wales hosts Breast Thermography Clinics as part of her program to promote breast health.
Dr. Wales graduated with a BSc (Hons Chem) and worked at the Food and Drug Directorate in Ottawa detecting pesticides in food before she decided to become a healthcare professional. She graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto in 1981 and practiced in Thunder Bay and Toronto before returning to her hometown of Calgary in 1996. She is registered with the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta (CNDA) which is the regulatory College for naturopathic doctors under the Health Professions Act in Alberta. She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the Alberta Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
Throughout her career, Dr. Wales has been active in both provincial and national naturopathic associations. She was instrumental in modernizing the laws for naturopathic medicine in Ontario and Alberta, and in changing the process for regulation of nutritional supplements, botanicals and homeopathic medicines in Canada.
Blending scientific knowledge and her years of clinical experience, Dr. Wales makes the concepts and practical approach of Naturopathic Medicine come alive for her patients, the public and other health care professionals. A frequent guest on radio and television, she also presents workshops and classes locally to interested groups.
Click here for Dr. Wales’ Professional Education, Training and Associations.